Student Interview: Emily Erikson

Student Interview: Emily Erikson

Mary Rose Baltes, Staff Writer

I met Emily when I was in Kindergarten at Doyle. We actually may have met even earlier than that because our older siblings were in the same grades together at Doyle.

MB: Who inspired you to play field hockey, and where did you first play? 

EE: Someone who inspired me to play field hockey was actually my sister Val! I look up to her a lot in life, She’s a huge reason I am where I am today. 

MB: Do you plan to play field hockey in college? If yes, do you have a college in mind? 

EE: I am playing in college, I have verbally committed to play division 1 field hockey at Quinnipiac University and I couldn’t be more grateful to have this opportunity.  

MB: What is your favorite memory of playing fields hockey at CB West? 

EE: My favorite memory of playing at West was last year. We were neck and neck with CB South with little time left, We were working so hard and I ended up scoring the winning goal, It was an amazing feeling! 

MB: What do you like to do when you are not busy with field hockey?

EE: Field hockey definitely takes up a lot of my time, When I’m not on the field or working out, I love traveling with my friends and family. Some of my favorite places are the beach, mall, and even just going for a hike.  

MB: What music is on your favorite playlist? 

EE: I love all different types of music, it ranges from rap to country. For a more of a workout type of music I love Juice World, Kanye, and Travis Scott to get me pumped up before a game. If I am looking for a more relaxing kind, I love some country!