The Court Street Press

The Student News Site of Central Bucks High School West

The Court Street Press

The Court Street Press

CBWestPress
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Meet the Staff
Carolyn Chen
Carolyn Chen
Staff Writer

Andrew Korcheck
Andrew Korcheck
Staff Writer

Elizabeth Devlin
Elizabeth Devlin
Staff Writer

Alex Storck
Alex Storck
Staff Writer

Super Bowl Preview: Everything you Need to Know for America’s Biggest Game

On Sunday, February 11, all of America comes together to celebrate the biggest sporting event in the country – the Super Bowl. This NFL season has been one of the most memorable and exciting in years, and while some are disappointed by its finale, the game is sure to be one to remember. This year’s Super Bowl matchup is a familiar one: a rematch between the Kansas City Chiefs and the San Francisco 49ers. In 2020, these two teams faced off, with the Chiefs defeating the Niners to win their 2nd super bowl in franchise history. Now, Patrick Mahomes and the Chiefs are looking to repeat as champions, following their (unfortunate) victory against the Philadelphia Eagles last season. However, Kansas City’s path to another ring runs through a dominant San Francisco 49ers team, which seeks revenge for their loss from 4 years ago. 

The Kansas City Chiefs are shaping up to be the next great American sports dynasty, led by one of the most talented athletes football has ever seen. Patrick Mahomes, while disliked by many NFL fans this year, has been simply unbelievable in the playoffs throughout his career, reaching the Super Bowl in 4 of the last 5 seasons, and winning 2 of the last 4. Mahomes not only has one of the most talented arms in the history of football, but he’s also one of the smartest quarterbacks in the game today. His immense talent, paired with the tactical genius of Coach Andy Reid, has allowed the Chiefs to dominate the world of football for the past half-decade, and seemingly for the next decade. However, this year’s Chiefs team doesn’t look quite like those in years past. Beyond superstar Travis Kelce, Mahomes has minimal help in the way of offensive firepower. This lack of receivers is made up for by the best Chiefs defense of the Mahomes era, one that allowed the 2nd least points per game in the league this season. While being a completely new version of the dynasty, the Chiefs are as lethal as ever, and with a win, Mahomes is well on his way to becoming the greatest quarterback of all time. 

The San Fransisco 49ers came into this season with a vengeance after a disappointing NFC championship loss and have looked nothing short of dominant through the entire season. Led by 2nd year breakout Brock Purdy, the 49ers are the most complete team in football. They feature the league’s best running back in Christian McCaffery, a stacked receiver core led by Brandon Aiyuk, Deebo Samuel, and tight end George Kittle, and arguably the league’s best defense, featuring superstars Nick Bosa and Fred Warner. The 49ers have a star at just about every position on the field, but questions have arisen revolving around the reliability of Brock Purdy to be a Super Bowl quarterback. Many analysts, however, believe that the talent around Purdy is enough to bring San Fransisco to victory. With a win, the 49ers put a temporary stop to the Kansas City dynasty and look to start one of their own. 

While the Chiefs and 49ers are two of the least well-liked teams in the NFL, this super bowl is still likely to be unforgettable. Two complete, dominant teams facing off- one looking to extend a run of dominance, one trying to start a run of their own. No matter who wins, narratives around the NFL will change for years to come, and all of America is waiting patiently to see what exactly those changes will be.