• Culture

Spring Break Destinations

• Community Questionnaire #6

Culture

Community Questionnaire #6

• Scientist Word Search

Bucks Spotlight

Scientist Word Search

• Local Band Feature: Davy Jones Locker

Bucks Spotlight

Local Band Feature: Davy Jones’ Locker

• Community Questionnaire #5

Culture

Community Questionnaire #5

• Sports

Super Bowl Preview: Everything you Need to Know for America’s Biggest Game

• Book Review: Lunar Park (published 2005) by Bret Easton Ellis

Culture

Book Review: Lunar Park (published 2005) by Bret Easton Ellis

• Culture

Speaker Feature: Sarah Feller (Holocaust Survivor)

• Book Review: The Shards (published 2023) by Bret Easton Ellis

Culture

Book Review: The Shards (published 2023) by Bret Easton Ellis

• Classical Composer Word Search

Games

Classical Composer Word Search

The Court Street Press

The Student News Site of Central Bucks High School West

The Court Street Press

The Court Street Press

CBWestPress
This error message is only visible to WordPress admins

Error: No feed found.

Please go to the Instagram Feed settings page to create a feed.

Meet the Staff

Bucks Football Dominates through First 6 Games

Going into week 5 of last year’s season, the 1-3 CB West Football team seemed far from contending in the playoffs at any level. However, a big win against North Penn seemingly lit a fire under the Bucks, as they went on to win 5 of their last 6 games of the season, securing a playoff berth. Still underdogs in the conference, the Bucks continued their hot streak by ending CB East’s season, then taking down North Penn 44-35. They followed these with a 14-13 win against Perkiomen Valley, before a disappointing loss to Garnett Valley in the District 1 Championship.  

Though last season ended in heartbreak, the Bucks have started this season with a chip on their shoulder, seemingly even better than last year and ready to seriously compete for the District 1 Title they just missed out on last year. West has opened their 2023-24 campaign a commanding 6-0, and they’re showing no signs of stopping anytime soon. The Bucks opened their season with a 17-13 win against reigning champions Garnett Valley, an early sign that this team was truly looking to compete this year. Since that initial game, the Bucks have absolutely bulldozed through any team that faced them. They took down Upper Dublin 37-7, beat Quakertown 40-20, and beat Pennsbury 20-3. Through the past 2 weeks, they’ve looked more unstoppable than ever, with 28-0 and 49-14 wins against North Penn and Abington respectively.  

This year’s roster is absurdly talented from top to bottom and can easily go pound-for-pound with any other team in the conference. The Bucks’ electric offense is spearheaded by senior QB Cooper Taylor, who has proven himself as a lethal dual threat through the first 6 games of the season. Cooper has established a dominant offensive connection with Connor McFadden, and the duo has been torching defenses all season. McFadden’s ability was on full display against Abington, where he scored 4 touchdowns, 3 on the ground and 1 through the air. This dynamic duo is bolstered by talent everywhere else on the offense, with a top-level defense to match. The sky truly is the limit when it comes to this year’s west lineup. 

West is off to their best start to a season since 2019, and they look to continue this hot streak against a 3-3 Neshaminy team this Friday. West will then face Pennridge on the road before back-to-back in-district matchups against South and East, both at home. Be sure to come out and support the Bucks through the end of their season and keep an eye on what could be a special year for us. Go Bucks!